Thursday, March 18, 2010

"He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God..." Psalm 40:3

Right now, I'm in the middle of the study of David-90 Days with a Heart Like His by Beth Moore, and I'm loving every minute of it. So many people talk about those that they admire from the bible. Don't get me wrong, I admire a lot of the individuals in the bible such as Esther for her courage, Hannah for her faithfulness, Paul for his steadfastness, and the list can go on and on, hopefully I'll have chances to mention them in upcoming blogs. Today though it's about David, other than admiration there is respect and just a sense of "awe". His 'humaness' when it comes to making mistake after mistake after mistake and you just want to be able to say "dude, are you serious..again?" but then it sometimes would almost seem like 'it's the pot calling the kettle black' right? Great example of how relevant scripture is today and I've taken so much from his life and walk with God. It seems that every time I read about him in scripture, time after time, God is revealing so many new things to me. Just recently, I remember how in awe of him I was when I was reading about him and his son and how he was crying (literally weeping) and crying out for the son who had just tried to kill him after taking over his (David's throne) but was killed, himself...."O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! Would I had died instead of you, O Absalom, my son, my son." A father truly grieving the loss of his own flesh and blood, not concerned that just days before Absalom sought to kill him....So, how is that relevant to me you might ask? Well, I want to be like David, to have the heart that he did as a parent...to always love my children, no matter how many things they may do to me or to others or how many times they may sin, a NO MATTER WHAT love (the love that God has for us, that David had for Absalom)....I think I have that love, but to live daily to strive to have that love and continue that...May my love for my Lord God overflow to my husband and children, that they may see my NO MATTER WHAT LOVE!




Update on the family: My voice came back, almost completely now (I'm sure Trey loves that!) and Hannah went to the doc on Mon. and got medicine for her ear infection (and now no more fever, appetite is back)! Since we didn't really get a chance to celebrate on Sunday because Hannah wanted nothing to do with the cake, only presents, we let her eat cake Monday morning after breakfast because she wanted to and...well IT'S HER BIRTHDAY WEEK! We also had a few good friends over on Wed. to finish off the cake for us. Billy, Anna, Ethan, and Bennett and Victoria came over and we had a great time just fellowshipping with one another. We are really blessed to have such good friends so close, especially with not having any of my family near by, it's def. comforting! Thanks for a fun time last night...we love ya'll!

"Deeda Cake"
Hannah hated blowing the candles out
Hannah's upset
Mmmm cake
Cake after breakfast!
Trying to get them to smile at the same time...what a mess
So sweet
I love this picture!
What a thing chunky monkey
Love this one!
Trying to escape!
This is my favorite!
Ethan and Hannah
Bennett and Noelle
Billy and Anna and the kids
Victoria, Me, and Anna

No comments: